About us

The Company

Company History

In 1938 Eng. Karl Köck founded an electrical installation company in Simmering, Vienna. After the war, he could only maintain the company by constantly importing goods from Germany by himself. In 1954 he took the opportunity to start a production of lampholders and luminairs. In 1962 the production has already increased which justified the foundation of Electroplast – Karl Köck OHG in Kaiserebersdorf.

In 1967 the relocation at the present location, Ganghofergasse 29, in Vienna in Simmering, took place and the company was refounded in Electroplast Ges.m.b.H, in 1974. At this time the management has been given to his son-in-law, Eng. Hermann Kunesch. The business developed rapidly and successfully and the location Ganghofergasse needed to be expanded in several steps, again and again, until finally an another location was opened, in Simmering in 1991.

In 1995 the lampholder production from the traditional German company AHORN was taken over and was relocated in Austria. In 1998 a generation change has taken place and since then the brothers Hermann and Reinhard Kunesch are leading the businesses from Electrplast Ges.m.bH, furthermore on the road of success. In 2004 the production from the Danish lighting manufacturer Jensen Lamp was taken over and also relocated in Austria. In 2011 a subsidiary has been founded in Hungary in Békéscsaba. The total number of employees has grown to 75.

Technologies

The beginning was the thermosetting production, which is still in production with 10 fully automatic thermosetting presses for electronic parts. As time passed by, metal processing with several eccentric presses and 3 IWK-inline stamping machines, 11 KUKA robots as well as the thermoplastic injection moulding came along, which nowadays builds the main focus with the 26 injection molding machines. Essential strengthes of of our productions are customer-specific mounting options with a fully automatic machine, ultrasonic welding, hot meld gluing ...

Flexibility is our success

Products

At the beginning of the production activity was the special construction of the 1957 patented spring contacts for E27 lampholder, by Karl Köck. A further development of this originally construction is still in production.

The production of luminaires expanded and the bedside luminaire ERIKA and the pendant luminaire JULIA became a market standard, found in innumerable homes and hotels. Today the production concentrates on opal glass wall and ceiling lamps, used in social buildings as well as in prestige objects. For example luminaires from Electroplast are installed in the old university of Vienna, as well as in the Vienna Gasometer, in the AMD chipfactory in Dresden and in retirement homes in Scotland.

Beside these electrotechnical products, manufacturing was also for industrial clients. Traditional thermosetting handles for the legendary Austrian Email-pots have been produced at Electroplast. The weights for “Heavyhand” from Tyrolia were injected at Electroplast.

In 1980 Electroplast received the Austrian Innovation Award for a new developed closure of a shoe care product. Today, Electroplast produces nearly 1000mio pieces of customized injection-moulding parts a year, from closures for softeners to protection caps for gas bottles, from sponge applicators for shoe care products to gambling chips.

door

We use cookies in order to continually improve our service. You can obtain more detailed information on cookies and disabling them in our privacy policy. Read more …